Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hmph.

self portrait

For some reason I've decided today is the day to begin blogging. I have only been using the blog for school related assignments, but maybe there is some value to blogging seeing as so many people are avid about doing it? So this will be a bit of a throwback to my 'LiveJournal' days in grade 8.
The 10 month program at PV (Prairieview) is wrapping up soon, yowzas. Really has been the fastest past 10 months of my life. I really like PV, and the fact it is ending makes me sad. I don't know whether this is because I am confused as to what to do with myself afterwards, or that I just genuinely love the place. A mix of both probably. I mean, I know I definitely do just like the environment. I was thinking today about how many cool people I have met there, and have decided that even if I wind up never using this diploma, the friendships I have cultivated would make up for that. I do have plans, just need to get the wheels in motion.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Laura. It's Chris. Just thought I'd do some surfing while I'm posting my AT assignment. I like your cover photo. For a minute there, I thought it might be a shot from your "Portrait Without a Face" assignment. . . works for me.
    I agree with your observations about the school year. It's just flying by! Now that we've declared a major, everything seems to be speeding up, AGAIN! Now they're using WEEKS as the measurement of how much time we have left in our course.
    I think there's a different feel to the classes now that we've started our "MAJOR" classes. Now we can focus on our specialty areas. I'm really excited to be able to focus in on my favorite themes and be in a class where we all share the same direction. The only down side to this is all the extra work. It's getting really crazy now, so hang on, it's going to be a fast 10 weeks!
    Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, definitely Chris! I was upset I forgot about this photo - I would have definitely used it for portrait without a face, darn it. There are just so many photos everywhere sometimes I forget about these hidden gems. The next while is going to be crazy, but I am excited for it! Definitely a different feel now, for sure, a crazy frenzy that just wasn't there before (well, maybe with me) but, ya know! It is going to be a blast.

    ReplyDelete