Let's just say that I most definitely needed to take those 'few days to reflect on the task'. This assignment was extremely challenging for me. For about the first 30 frames, I was fairly content. Happy with my objects that i picked, etc. However, when I went to see how many I had taken (thinking it was somewhere in the 60-70 range), I was sadly mistaken. I was at about half of where I thought I would be. Oh my. I tried whipping out my creative journal, listening to various types of music on my ipod, not listening to music at all, heck, I even tried having a glass of wine so I would stop worrying so much about my creative block. But not even music or wine could tackle down this block - it was huge! (Side note: There are very few things in life that cannot be calmed or tackled down by music or wine, hence my surprise when this did not work!) Why do I think I struggle with this? I think it is because before I came to Prairieview, I was one of those photographers who 'grabbed the shot' when I saw it. I never had to go looking for it. It was just there, and when it was, I hopefully was geared up to get it. This kind of technique, however, does not get you 100 frames in a short afternoon, never mind a week! I have some challenges ahead of me with assignments such as these. This is not the only assignment that has puzzled me this year - Let's Go Walkabout Part 1 & II was difficult in the same way - I had shot the same location so many times, and had to fill three hours full of trying to see things differently. After awhile it got monotonous - oh look, there is another neat set of stairs and bulb street lamp. Oh look, there is another bicycle locked up with the wheel twisted just so. However, in the afternoon of that assignment, things did get better - I was able to find about 10 gems that I achieved some 'creative ways' in. In this post I have included a gem from this assignment. I should not say it was all that bad - I did produce some neat shots from the shoot.