Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Lensiriffic


My name is Laura C Murdoch, aka LC Murdoch Photography. My favorite genre of photography is a toss up between landscape and candid photography. As of now I am not much of a fan of studio work at all, I would much rather shoot nature and 'people in the moment'. In school this year I would hope to appreciate other genres of photography; perhaps even studio photography. I want to professionalize my skills as well, enabling myself to enter the professional world of photography. When I was about 6 years old I was peering out a window, and my dad was about 2 feet away, shooting a couple of black and whites on his Minolta X700 to my lack of knowledge. In the first frame, he succeeded with a candid prolific shot of me. The second was not so lucky, however the only difference is my right eye peering to the right towards him, and a smirk on my face to let him know I was aware of his presence. The photos are still two of the neatest ones ever taken of me as a child, and when my dad developed them and showed them to me I remember thinking "I want to take photos like that too." From that point on, I would accompany him on his walks and help find neat things to photograph, and eventually got a camera of my own.

I am very excited for my year at Prairieview.
Til another time,

LC Murdoch

No comments:

Post a Comment