Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Laura Loves Lines


Shooting lines was interesting. I found it extremely easy to find them; they really are everywhere. Especially around 6pm when the sun is going down a bit, casting shadows. Those to me were the most interesting lines, and I took quite a few shots of shadows for that reason. I limited myself quite a bit because I stayed in one location for this assignment, my house. I was trying to include a bit of CI theory into the assignment; where you really try and see what is around you, learning to notice what you never thought you would in such a familiar place as your home. This probably wasn't the best idea, because after the first 15 frames I quickly was loosing patience in discovering new lines in my house. That was my only real challenge with this assignment, so I will know better next time to not limit myself to one location. I learnt that lines, which I would typically associate with being quite boring , can be very intriguing to shoot. However if we get an assignment on circles or triangles, that could be quite the challenge. I tried looking for those shapes too while I was at it, thinking they would appear everywhere like lines did, but they were definitely not as easy to find.

Til' another time,
LC Murdoch

No comments:

Post a Comment